A stunning morning call (continued) 之 迷云165天
The caller has asked me to go to 119 Dover Road. As it was Saturday, they will be closing at 12pm and i have to reach there before that.
And so i tried to go down to this place on the same day. Along the way, i thought of the possible reasons why such a situation actually happened. In fact, it all seem too bizarre to me.
I reached the place at 12.10pm, hoping they are still opened but luck wasnt on my side - the staffs there sure were punctual to knocking off. No choice, i have to go back another day.Hence, today, i went back again to ACS(I) at Dover Road which was actually very near to NUS.
Thanks to the futile visit on Saturday, I entered the school compound with much familiarity with the route to the place the caller has asked me to go, and in no time, i reached the Administrative Office at the ACS(I) Boarding School block.
Me: "Hi, im here to look for Yoke Lim."
Staff: "Who?"
Me: "Yoke Lim. Is there such a person here?"
Staff: "Oh, yah."
Off she went to look for Yoke Lim who was in another room.
She came out, said a few words and took out a pouch from her drawer.....
It looks familiar to me as i have one at home, but i don't think it belongs to me. Did she make a mistake? Hmmmm.... Or, did i actually lose this pouch somewhere before?? No what, it is still with me at home....
Ah, it must be inside the pouch! Im getting excited.
As she walked nearer to the reception table where i was, i realised the pouch didnt look filled up as i expected.
Wait, it aint that small, i remembered. Did she really make a mistake?
Without delay, she opened the pouch and pulled out a deck of cards........
Yes, it was my IC on the top. But then, where is my wallet as what she told me on the phone?
Yoke Lim: "A cleaner found your pouch on the basketball court on saturday. No money inside already."
Me: "Oh, actually this pouch wasnt mine. There should be a wallet actually."
Yoke Lim: "Oh really? I think you better go and replace all your cards."
Me: "Yah, replaced already. By the way, how you found out my home number?"
Yoke Lim: "Haha, the phone book lor. I went to find "POK" in the book then search for your address."
Me: "Haha ok. Thanks."
My wallet which was lost on 4 July during CAC camp was found on 16 December. Actually, my wallet was gone. What's left are the contents bundled together except a $50 note, a cashcard and my tertiery EZ-link card.
So how did it go missing in NUS Eusoff Hall toilet and end up on ACS(I) basketball court 165 days later was really puzzling.
Can it be a cleaner in NUS took it and decided to drop it in ACS(I)?
Or, can it be a NUS student took it and dropped it in ACS(I) after so long so that he/she can't be traced?
Or, a NUS student took it and gave the cards to his brother who was studying in ACS(I) and helped discard it?
Or, was it 灵异事件?
Why took so long for it to surface? And at a basketball court?
Why bother returning the cards in a pouch when he/she could easily dispose them?
During the 165 days of missing, did he/she use any of my cards illegally?
I doubt my questions will be answered.
Anyway, i've since replaced most of my cards, so returning them to me has basically not much use. But, i got to get back my old IC that has my primary 6 photo on it (which has been digitally removed. Haha. See above one instead.)


7 comments:
...
Is there going to be a part 3~???
Like...a 完结篇 or something~???
Haha.. I havent finished.. so i published a part first, will continue later..
LOL...
Oh~
Good good~
Just wondering coS you didn't put your 招牌 "TO BE CONTINUED....."
*LOL*
Wad!!! Wad!!! Wad happened!!!
You are killing me with suspense!!!
Hmmm... Cards???
You got back your I.C??
Hahahahaha...
Ha, the story has finally ended.
Wah liao eh...
Maybe you should send the cards to the police to check fro fingerprints...
Hahaha... Juz in case...
i thought about that too.. but so troublesome.. Haha...
Post a Comment