The woe of 'too-good' service..
Toa Payoh HDB Hub's NTUC Fairprice toiletries section has a unique customer service. Yet, it is so unique that it is unbearable. Unknowingly, this inflicts a fear in me to even step near that section.
Usually, there are 3 sales promoters standing around there.
Once, i was just browsing and had no intention of buying anything. The moment i was near there, one of the promoters immediately sprung into action and asked politely, "Hi, 要找什么吗?"
I just smiled back, shook my head and walked away.
After a while, i walked back again, wanting to look at some cleansers. However, i was just walking through the shelves when suddenly, she appeared at the end, in front of me...
I was trapped.
Turning away would be quite rude, i thought. So I stayed and looked at the items on the shelves while she asked the same question again: 要找什么吗?
Nothing. I was just looking.
She didnt give up. She began to promote an array of facial products.
First, it was a cleanser. I don't need it.
Next, a scrub that can remove black heads. I told her i have already.
Then, a mask. I don't want.
She was persistent. Pushing the box of mask into my hand and telling me to take a look while she took out a sample tube, squeezed out a little and applied it on my hand.
Just try it, no obligations to buy. You will see the results when it is dry. She assured.
Patronisingly, i read the mask's description on the box. But in fact, i was thinking, how to shake her off.
After an agonising 15 seconds, i returned the box to her and told her that i do not want to buy.
Her face changed and asked, "你到底要找什么?!"
Nothing.
I left the place quickly.

