Wednesday, June 14, 2006

When the surveys appeared harmless... (Part 2)

Just when you thought the insurance agent won't call you, you might suddenly receive a call one day..

Here's the second part to 15 Steps to Deal with 'Surveyors'
when Approached
....

For use after Step 15 - You are waiting for their call - and you do receive a call.


10 Steps to Say when They Call You


1. "I'm not free. I'm quite busy with school stuffs these days."
Say this when the insurance agent asks when can he/she meet you to discuss about your financial status and planning. Hopefully he/she can back off.

2. "Im preoccupied EVERYDAY."
Emphasize it if he/she wanted to wait for your school stuffs to finish, even if it is one month later. But this might be quite illogical to use though.

3. "I don't have access to all my other policy's portfolio. How are you going to help me review them?"
If he/she wanted to help you review your policies to find out how the policies, even they are not from his/her company, are doing or which area you've left out. Hopefully, he/she might back off, since there is no way to know what insurances you have bought.

4. "Im not going to buy any insurance since you already know my student status."
Remind him/her if he/she has forgotten.

5. "I think the meeting might be a waste of your precious time and also mine, since im not taking up any insurance."
If he/she is really persistent about meeting you, just to help you plan your future.

6. "Actually, im not very keen about it."
Just be honest.
You are an honest guy when you receive such call, isnt it?

7. "I don't feel comfortable sharing personal information like my financial status with someone i don't know."
Use this with care. You might hurt his/her feeling. This is not tested, yet

8. "Perhaps, my perspective will only change when i graduate -- 3 years later."
When he/she hopes your perspective about taking up insurance will change after meeting up.

9. "I will contact you again should i want to buy any insurance next time."
Be resolute to end the call. Only when he/she finally gives up on you.

10. "Thank you. Bye!"
Be friendly even when you have probably stabbed him/her with razor-sharped statements.




Final advice: You must not be soft-hearted.