Thursday, November 25, 2004

Yay... and so im on leave again. Good to have a break.

Was feeling so dull when i went back on monday for standby and duty. But i think the worst was some of the things that had happened that were making me feel terrible as an I/C...

Incident 1 - On monday(standby), Eugene, Robin, Nash & Amos were questioned by the 3 sergeants for what happened on last friday. I wasnt present cuz im on leave. So i only got to find out they din keep the under carriage mirror after their last duty at parade square at 6pm. Yah, by right only 2 should be responsible but in fact all 4 were involved cuz they changed duty somehow. Then the lamps at the mirror were on throughout the nite and then one of the fluorescent lamp fused. So the sergeants held them and me responsible. But since i wasnt there, david was called in. But david went to buy dinner that time, so he din remind them to keep the mirror also. And so they got a warning. Later Sgt Koh the hypocrite told me he had FIGHT for us with PC already and that the next time such thing happen again, the 2 involved will sign 3 confinements and I will sign 1 for not ensuring the mirror is kept. Fine.

Incident 2 - Same day. After the duty ended at 7pm we got to send arms. Then later, Sgt Huang found out Augustine had forgotten to sign in. Damn. I called Aug and asked him to come back immediately to sign since that day we had nights off and he went out. So now this translated to 'it's my fault' cuz i din ensure everyone sign. Well, i only checked the number of magazines cuz Sgt Huang asked me too. And i was sitting outside the armskote room til everyone had sent their arms. I din really check if everyone sign. Sianz.

Incident 3 - It's duty day already. And after our duty and lunch, we were called to clean the old OPs room since we have just moved. Damn. We were the duty section and we were resting. Such cleaning jobs should be the job of the standby section. Well, I answered the call from ops room and received the orders but i din say much. The rest grumbled about it and so Eugene called back. In the end, we still have to clean. But it was nothing much. Just cleared some rubbish lying on the floor and tables. Argh.

Incident 4 - Max and Victor woke up late in the morning to open gate B. By right gate B got to be opened at 6am, 6.15am the latest, but they only woke up at 6.30am and it was me who woke them up. They probably only opened gate b at around 6.40am and got to face a few angry staffs who were waiting outside the gate. Well, it was probably my fault again. I woke up at 6.11am and wanted to wake max up. He was late already but cuz i just woke up and was still in a drowsy state, i went back to sleep, thinking maybe he would wake up at 6.15am. Victor was also sleeping soundly throughout til Max woke him up. Crap.

Incident 5 - And so it was our last 2 hours of duty before our duty ended at 9am. I wasnt doing duty cuz im the extra person. All other 7 people were already at their respective stations. So my job would be walking around to each stations. So i went to gate B where Max and Victor were. Max told me 2IC already came and he came at around 6.30am. That was early. Then 2WO Lim, our OPs 2I/C came to me.

"So Pok, you know what had happened?" 2I/C asked me.
"Erm.. what?" I answered, thinking maybe it's gate b incident.
"You dont know? You all last night duty right... huh, you dont know what happened yet?"
"Erm is it gate b?" I asked softly.
"No lah. u know what happened at gate a just now?"
"Aaahh.. they took over late?" Well, actually gate A was taken over at around 7.15am. By right it should be 7am.
"Wah lao.. i came in at 6.30am from gate a and only saw 1 people there. The other one wasnt there at all..... ... ..." Then he continued to talk about how it wasnt right to leave 1 people on duty like that. If 1 of them has stomachache then ask for replacement. blah blah blah.......

Ok, so i was asked to gather everyone later behind the OPs room building after our duty ended and he wanted to talk to us. Sigh... why must such thing happened. It was Eugene and Aug on duty that time. So i thought maybe Aug had gone to buy breakfast and thus left 1 person on duty at gate. And also, they were quite unlucky cuz 2I/C came quite early and got caught. A lot of people always do that - buy breakfast and go toilet and din get caught. Sigh.

So i went to OPs room first to check the ammo book if everyone sign and also to sign book out before going to parade square to tell eugene and aug about it and also gate a....

Incident 6 - When i thought that morning was bad enough already, i was told of an even worse news. Upon entering OPs room, Ngo (the duty clerk) told me 3 people din draw ammo. Oh what the fark. Ngo told me probably the 3 at gate A now din draw. Well, they signed the book and din draw! Then David came in. He was shocked and angry also. I thought so this was my fault again. I never thought they would forget to draw ammo. When the 3 of them went to OPs room at 7am for duty, i stayed in the bunk to make milo before going to OPs room to check if they signed. So this means i have failed to ensure they draw the ammo...Probably I shouldnt have make milo and should have went to OPs room with them....

I went out of OPs room, following david cuz he said he wanted to scold them already. He went to gate b while i went to parade square. I told eugene about what 2I/C had told me and found out it was Eugene who went to toilet to pee.. I already felt so angry that at this time, Augustine, as usual, wanted to go toilet and had already taken out his SBO and asked me to take over him for a while for him to go toilet. I told him to wait lah. Im going gate a first cuz it was a more serious case. Yet he still said he needed to go. I ignored him and walked away and said 'later lah' loudly at him.... i havent told them about the ammo case yet.

And so i went to Amos who was at roundabout first. I asked him if he draw ammo. His face gave a wierd look first before checking his magazine and later turned to a stunned one. Yes, he realised he had forgotten to draw ammo. I told him all 3 of them din draw ammo and that 2I/C wanted to see us later. I went to gate A where Nash and Robin were. "So did u all draw ammo?" I asked. Both of them checked and gave me a shocked look. I told them 3 of them din draw. They were worried but i told them 2I/C din noe yet. Also, i told them about the Eugene case. I went back to Amos who was so worried. But i told him 2I/C wanted to see us was about leaving 1 person at gate case, not the 3 of them. He was relieved. Then Sgt Poh - the duty specs for last night came. He knew about it. He talked to the 3 of them.

I went back to gate B and told Max and Victor about it. They already knew cuz david told them already but they only thought 1 of them din draw, not 3. Then i saw David went to OPs room with Sgt Poh. So i left with them.

David with Sgt Poh quickly discreetly loaded the 3 magazines with ammo while i was told to go out and keep a look out for 2I/C. Shortly david came out and passed me one loaded magazine to keep in pocket. We needed to go back to gate A and passed them back. Problem solved. Thanks to Sgt Poh. If it was other sgts, probably the 3 of them would have signed confinement already.

The gate B case was nothing much since 2I/C also din realise about it despite he met Max outside OPs room at around 6.40am. He only asked Max who had replaced them so early and max told him they were actually going to open gate B. Luckily 2I/C din say anything after that, only smiled and said okay to them.

What's left was Eugene case. Sigh. Later 2I/C met us and warned us about this. He said next time he caught anyone leaving 1 person at the gate or even sleeping during the nights, that person be prepared to be charged.


Hiaz.... I was feeling so down after that. I just came back on monday after a 4 days break and i've got to face all these. Cuz in fact all these that happened, im to be responsible directly or indirectly since im the section I/C. David was partly responsible also since he was the I/C but now he is going to ORD in less than a month, so by right all these jobs fall onto me. So in the end, i've only got myself to blame for not ensuring everything is okay, in place and done. But then all these rarely happened in the past. It was only when the relative new guys came and such things such as forget to sign this and that, forget to draw or return ammo had surfaced...

Ahhh..... Feel so stress. I've never wanted to be an I/C cuz i've foreseen all these huge responsibilities. But they chose me cuz im the most senior there already. Sigh. Eugene is the 2I/C and he wont have that much responsibilities... And i told quite a few of them i wanted to step down in January... but i know it is quite impossible..

Well, what to do? I still have 188 days before leaving this dreaded place.........

No comments: