Last saturday, a cocky LTC drove into the camp, stopped by the tentage, signalled Eugene to go over using his 2 fingers and said something to him. Then Eugene called Max and I to step out and give that LTC a high port salute. He saluted back.
I thought he was trying to find trouble with us since I thought he got pissed when Eugene signalled him to go when he came in.
But no.
He went parade square for check then we heard Lawrence's voice over the comms. He said that LTC scolded him "Why the FUCK he didnt salute him!" He even said something like "We all RPs are FUCKERS!" He demanded Lawrence to stay in the salute position til he drove off!
This is ridiculous. Eugene after hearing what Lawrence said on the comms about the vulgurities, then he said that LTC also said the same thing to him at the gate i.e. why the FUCK we didnt salute him.
Yah, so PC got the message and went to find him. So in the end, that LTC apologized, saying he was sorry for the verbal abuse. Crap.
After all these, we had to write statement about this incident. Law wrote he was a disgrace to SAF as a high ranking officer, to think he used the word 'Fuck' and 'Fuckers' on us. And that he was simply unreasonable that he wanted Law to stay in high port position all the way til he drove off.
Well, LTC is just LTC. We have seen so many officers walking in and out of our camp. We don't high port salute them even when they are in the car. The very best we do is only greet 'Morning/Afternoon Sir' when they walk in thru the gates.
Perhaps we only high port when BG and above come.
I still remember I have met 2 BGs before when they came to parade square. The first one, i didnt even greet him because the moment he wound down his car window, he asked if he could park. I didnt have the chance. Haha. The second BG, just greet only. Not even salute.
So why did that LTC Darius Lim demand that? Should take away the crabs off him.......
Tuesday, July 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment