Sunday, May 16, 2004

Watched Troy at Tiong Bahru plaza on friday nite with Slim, Nelson and Law. We had nites off. It was quite good i supposed..

Anyway, on that friday also when on duty from 5pm to 7pm, had a clash with PC. Well, cuz the gate was half closed after 6pm and we were supposed to check for incoming cars for labels etc. And we knew he was coming to gate A so we tried to look garang by standing near the gate and looked out for cars. And so he came and left to talk to Bala - DSTA security officer i supposed. And he was standing some distance away from the gate....

2 cars came in, the first was going to child care and the second was going to fetch someone from the career centre. I knew. He didnt. He saw it and thought we were just standing there and not doing anything. But we WERE looking at the cars label. He gestured to us something which i didnt see it but robin saw. He told me about it but i didnt bother. Never mind.

Another 2 cars came in. The first was child care. The second was a Gardenia van and it was a child care. I knew. This time, PC shouted across at us, "IF YOU GUYS DONT DO YOUR JOB, YOU WONT GET YOUR NIGHTS OFF TONIGHT!!"

Feeling unjustified, i shouted back at him, "THOSE TWO CARS ARE GOING TO CHILD CARE! IF YOU DONT BELIEVE, YOU CAN STOP THE CARS YOURSELF AND ASK THEM TO SHOW YOU THE PASS!!" He was still with Bala, but kept quiet..

Then he came to us. He asked me again why i let those 2 cars leave without stopping them to check. I told him the first was child care. Justified cuz the saloon car just looked like it was going to child care. But the Gardenia van?? I rebuked him, saying we see them going to child care everyday, morning and evening. How can i dont know. Yes it is a van and it looked like it is going to delivery instead but no! It is going to child care. Then he asked me what if their child is not in the child care and yet they come in. I just shrugged nonchalantly and turned my head away. I thought to myself that if he wants to say that, then might as well ask the child care centre to fax the attendance list of all children every morning and evening to Ops room and then we can check with their parents when they want to come in. How about those staffs who are on MCs or leave and come back camp? How about those staffs who are supposed to leave after work but stay back? Should we chase them away? Duh......

He then said why couldnt we stand a bit out so that we are able to stop the cars and check before letting them go. I said yah can. Then he asked why i didnt i do that. I told him here (I was standing on the pavement which is probably just 2metres away from what he suggested) also can! He commented im too complacent and left.....

Eugene and Robin were also with me at the gate but they kept quiet during our argument. Probably they were too stunned.

After duty, i asked Sgt Poh whether PC said anything to him. And he told me that PC was talking to him what had happened between he and me. I didnt probe on because i needed to change to go out for dinner and movie.

Anyway, PC always like to mark people. Probably after this incident, I may be aimed, who knows. But let him be. I wont give him any chance to catch me do anything wrong during duty.

Oh by the way, did i mention he is an ex-MALAYSIAN?? Now he is PR of singapore. Many of us hate him. And we know he still went back to Malaysia frequently. His family drives malaysia plate car and once came in CMPB to fetch him. Shouldnt he be ousted from CMPB? For who knows, he may be leaking SAF secrets to malaysians.....

Perhaps we should suggest to SAF that PRs, especially those who were once Malaysians not to be appointed officers and hold key positions in the SAF.

True blue Singapore citizens rule!!

No comments: